BY THOMAS GRECH
CHAMBER CEO & PRESIDENT
The Queens Chamber is making a push to make our internal and external operations more tech-savvy. After launching a new website and member-management tool in 2017, we are doing all we can to bring useful technologies to your business.
We are continuing our efforts to understand the needs of our members so they can grow and embrace technological advancements.
Yes, some businesses are content with maintaining the status quo; why change an already good thing? Put simply, technology helps small business owners leverage limited capital in smarter and more effective ways.
In some cases, using technology is a natural progression for processes you may already have in place in your business. You may need to tweak current processes to align with new technology, but with the increasing amount of internet services catering to the small business sector, the benefits will often outweigh the short-lived challenges of the transitional process.
Here’s some recommendations to help you use technology in your small business to become more efficient:
1. Use an online invoicing service to reduce the costs of collecting payment from customers.
2. File your taxes more efficiently online.
1. Use software to create a marketing plan that you can edit, update and share with your team.
2. Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. to promote your business, products and services.
3. Collect email addresses through an opt-in form and start utilizing the power of email marketing.
1. Create a “mobile office” so you can work remotely and at any time.
2. Always be connected to the Cloud so you can save and share information.
3. Create a “mobile-friendly” version of your website.
Queens Chamber Technology Committee
We realize the synergy between technology, small business, and the synergy between tech and traditional business services. Early in 2018, we will be announcing a new series of “Pitch Nights” and other events designed to provide exposure to your new business. Please continue to check our website and calendar of upcoming events.