A Message from Queens Chamber of Commerce President Mayra Dirico
The vision of the Queens Chamber of Commerce is to be recognized as the premier comprehensive business resource and driver of prosperity resulting in a vibrant Queens. We accomplish this mission by fostering connections, educating for success, implementing programs and advocating for our members’ interests. This is no light task, and it is thanks to our Staff and Board of Directors to achieve these goals.
This June, I want to specifically thank and honor our Board Members for their time and dedication as volunteers who are passionate about the Borough of Queens. We recently added seven new Members to the Board of Directors. Please join me in congratulating the following New Members:
• Michael Billia, Senior Vice President, Investors Bank
• Tamara Gavrielof, Group Director and Senior Vice President at Signature Bank
• Kelly Koukou, Executive Managing Director, Lee & Associates
• Henry Kuykendall, Vice President, New York for Delta Air Lines
• Carl Mattone, President, Mattone Group LLC
• Michelle Stoddart, Director of PR and Community Development, Resorts World Casino
• Patrick Yu, Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Our diverse Board currently represents 22 industries in nine major categories (see chart).
Finally, I want to congratulate those who were honored at City & State’s Queens Borough Series reception on May 18. Of the 25 honorees, 10 are current or former Members of the Queens Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors: Carol Conslato, Daniel Zausner, Fran Biderman-Gross, Kenneth Buettner, Michael Meyer, Jeffrey Levine, Chuck Imhof, Michael Moran, and Caryn Schwab. This is an amazing accolade and an incredible representation of the Queens Chamber!
As always, we are here to advocate for your business. If there is anything we can do to be of assistance, please reach out!