QUICK GLANCE: Budget of $1.5 million and a resource of over 2,000 businesses.
Funded by Department of Small Business Services, they strive to create and retain jobs via programs that grow neighborhoods and assist small businesses. QEDC assists by providing one-on-one consultations, hosting workshops, operating training courses and networking events.
• October 7, 10:30 am-12:30 pm, Queens StartUP! – All About Business Planning and Research, Flushing Library IRC, 41-17 Main Street, Flushing
Free training course is to provide the initial steps and foundation to starting your business plan. Please bring a pen and pad in order to take notes, and be ready to ask questions only pertaining to the content presented.
• October 12, 8:30-10:30 am, Women’s Power Networking Breakfast: Meet The Lenders, Borough Hall, 120-55 Queens Blvd, Room G110, Kew Gardens
At this free event you will be able to meet with a panel of lenders from different organizations to go over what you need to get money for your business. You will get an introduction from each of the organizations along with a description of the different amounts of money and terms that each lender can offer your business. There will also be an opportunity to network and a free breakfast.
• October 16, 6:30-8:30 pm, Queens StartUP! – Developing Financial Statements, Flushing Library IRC, 41-17 Main Street, Flushing
This session will focus on reviewing Financial Statements necessary to be included in your business. Some of the topics that will be covered are income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow.
• October 21, 10:30 am-12:30 pm, Queens StartUP! – Business Operations and Management, Flushing Library IRC, 41-17 Main Street, Flushing
This training session will speak about how your business plans to operate as well as what you’re long-term goals will include. Some of the topics will include defining business systems, appropriate management, and technology use for business efficiency.
• October 25, 5:30-8:30 pm, Legal Pit Stop, The Entrepreneur Space, 36-46 37th Street, Long Island City
If you have a simple legal need, there will be a free legal clinic hosted by Start Small, Think Big.
Clients will meet one-on-one with a volunteer attorney for to discuss the legal needs of their business. For additional information reach out to Kyla at 646-723-4054 or Kyla@StartSmallThinkBig.org.
• October 26, 10- Noon, Doing Business With The Government: Getting M/WBE Certified with NYC & NYS, The Entrepreneur Space, 36-46 37th Street, Long Island City
Learn about getting certified as a Minority/Woman Business Enterprise with NYC & NYS, what you will need to do to obtain government contracts, and how you can leverage your certification to get more business. Free.
• October 30, 6:30-8:30 pm, Queens StartUP! – Creative Sales & Marketing Strategies, Flushing Library IRC, 41-17 Main Street, Flushing
This training session will go over what you will need to grow sales and creating your marketing plan. This session will go over developing sales and marketing strategies, developing a marketing schedule and gathering metrics.
12-55 Queens Boulevard, Room 309
Kew Gardens, NY 11424
Executive Director: Seth Bornstein